Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent! Or how to avoid Fish!




The hardest part of Lent for me is going without BEEF! Chicken is no big deal, but giving up my BEEF drives me crazy. I loath and detest Fish! Tomorrow I will indulge in something which is usually a side dish for Lenten Fish meals.And thankfully it is easy and tasty.

For all you fellow Fish Haters out there...ENJOY!

Fried Macaroni.

1 lb Macaroni 1/4 lb Margarine or butter
3 c Water; (up to 4) 3 Eggs
1/2 ts Salt 1 1/2 c Cheddar cheese; shredded
Instructions for Fried Macaroni and Cheese
Cook macaroni in water and the salt until tender. Drain. In a large skillet, heat the butter or margarine, pour the well drained macaroni into the skillet. Beat the eggs as for scrambled, pour this over the macaroni. Fry on medium heat. Add the shredded cheese over the top and cook until the eggs, macaroni, and cheese are all blended and a golden brown on both sides.

2 comments:

Leslie K. said...

the only really good fish....is a fried fish...lololololol..

Christine Trollinger said...

Only if someone else cooks it and eats it...far, far away from me. Giggle!